The conference will take place on the Johns Hopkins University Medical Campus in the Pre-Clinical Teaching Building at this address:
Pre-Clinical Teaching Building (PCTB)
725 North Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21205
Hotel Room Block
At the request of previous year’s conference attendees we reserved a room block at the Peabody Court hotel at this address:
Peabody Court hotel
612 Cathedral Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
This Room Block is now full. We recommend these additional accommodations starting from the top of the list. You can check to see if there have been cancellations at the Peabody Court hotel by phone call 1-800-292-5500: ask for the “Graphic Medicine Conference” room block.
On-Campus Housing is Not Available:
Dormitory housing is no longer available on the Johns Hopkins Medical Campus.
BWI (Baltimore Washington International) Airport is recommended for flights into Baltimore. Although it is possible to fly into Dulles International Airport, it takes at least 1 hour and 15 minutes to travel to downtown Baltimore from Dulles by car with no direct pubic transportation options.
Travel to and from BWI Airport
Recommended Airport Shuttles
- K D Elite Transportation- To arrange a pickup call 1-888-808-1212 (or locally at 410-276-4401), or visit kdelitetrans.com
- SuperShuttle- For reservations and information: 1-800-BLUE-VAN (1-800-258-3826), or visit supershuttle.com.
- The Airport Shuttle- For reservations and information: 800-776-0323 or visit theairportshuttle.com
- MTA Light Rail: The Maryland Transit Authority’s Light Rail system provides easy service to and from BWI Airport and downtown Baltimore near the Peabody Court Hotel. For information visit: http://mta.maryland.gov/light-rail
- MTA MARC & AMTRAK Trains: These trains provide service to and from the BWI Airport (BWI Marshall rail station) and downtown Baltimore’s Penn Station. Free shuttles provide service to and from the airport terminal and the rail station. For more information visit: http://mta.maryland.gov/marc-train and http://www.amtrak.com/home
Travel between the Peabody Court Hotel and the Conference
We recommend the free “Homewood-Peabody Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions (JHMI) Shuttle.” Get up to the minute arrival predictions for this route with NextBus. Click the “show map” link to track the bus. A link to a PDF of the most current schedule is available on the shuttle webpage.
The Peabody Court Hotel offers additional information on parking and various means of traveling to and from the hotel: http://www.peabodycourthotel.com/transportation-arrival.php
Again, we recommend the free “Homewood-Peabody Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions (JHMI) Shuttle.” Get up to the minute arrival predictions for this route with NextBus. Click the “show map” link to track the bus. A link to a PDF of the most current schedule is available on the shuttle webpage. This service loops through the JHU Homewood campus, JHU Medical Campus, Charles Village Neighborhood and Mount Vernon Neighborhood, but not the Hampden Neighborhood.
Taxi Services include:
The Charm City Circulator is a fleet of 30 free shuttles that travel four routes in Baltimore City.
The Maryland Transit Administration (MTA) offers bus, metro subway and light rail service around Baltimore as well as the MARC train between Baltimore and Washington D.C.
Parking at the Conference
We recommend the Washington St. Parking Garage (Conference Maps) for parking at the rate of $12 per day.
More information on the conference is available on the conference home page.