Our host for the March 28th Drawing Together was Spanish physician and cartoonist Monica Lalanda. She is a Graphic Medicine International Collective board member, and coordinator of Medicina Gráfica.
You can watch this video of our session, and pause it between exercises. The directions are also below.
Some great Spanish drawing music can be found here.
- Draw the Coronavirus as you imagine it. (5 minutes)
- Divide your page into four panels.
- In the first panel, draw three objects that have become present (or more present) in your life since the pandemic started. (5 minutes)
- In the second panel, copy those objects, but turn them into characters – give them names, perhaps emotional expressions, limbs, and/or motion. (5 minutes)
- In the third and fourth panels, have those characters interact. (10 minutes)
If you’d like to do so, share your art on social media with #DrawingTogetherGM. You can see the art others made at this hashtag as well.
See you next time!