The Graphic Medicine Review is seeking new contributions for content on its site, hosted by Ubiquity Press. Published in conjunction with MCPHS University Library, GMR “publishes scholarly works relevant to both the comics medium (aka comic books, graphic novels, manga, bande desinée, etc.) and healthcare, medicine, wellness, patient experience, and public health policy.”
GMR is seeking:
· Analyses of new Graphic Medicine works,
· Critical summaries of GM scholarship,
· Synopses of GM events, whether held in person or virtually,
· Interviews with GM scholars, creators, librarians, practitioners, clinicians, etc.,
· GM comics and new creations, and
· Scholarly reviews of prominent GM books.
GMR is a fee-free, open-access online journal that publishes on a rolling basis and under the Creative Commons license agreement. With Editor-in-Chief A. David Lewis and an international, diverse Advisory Board, the journal seeks “to enrich the scholarly literature relevant” to GM, “to provide a responsible platform for new voices […and “to serve as a forum for Graphic Medicine stakeholders to develop applicable principles, reasonable conduct, and inter-/multi-cultural discourse.”
GMR is also proud to announce the first publication in GMR is a comic entitled “Grief” by Dave Kellett. Below are two example panels from the full work, which can be downloaded freely as a PDF.