Reimagine End of Life is a community-wide exploration of death and celebration of life through creativity and conversation. Artists, storytellers, healthcare professionals, faith and community leaders, and innovators across all five boroughs of New York City are uniting from Oct. 27-Nov. 3 to create a unique week of more than 250 events.
Graphic Medicine is one of 200+ collaborators coming together to explore death and celebrate life from every perspective. There will be at least seven events that feature comics at Reimagine! Here is a rundown, click on the links for details and ticketing.
- Roz Chast in Conversation
- Death Panels Exhibit, runs 10/27 to 11/3. Opening reception 10/30
- Redemption: An Exploration of Possibilities at the End of Life featuring Wendy MacNaughton, Jennifer Brokaw, Ira Byock, and Ladybird Morgan
- Death Panels: Conversation with the Artists, moderated by Marsha Hurst
- Graphic Medicine, Reflective Drawing, and Advance Care Directives a workshop by MK Czerwiec (Comic Nurse)
- A Funny Thing About Death: Using Humor and Narrative to Tackle a Taboo cosponsored by the Columbia University Seminar on Narrative, Health, and Social Justice
- SHITSHOW: Parenting Comedy from Funny People Unwise Enough to Breed with Emily Flake and Ophelia Eisenberg